Code of conduct - ESA-ESO Workshop 2020
Code of conduct
As hosts of the ESA-ESO workshop, we are committed to create a workshop environment that values diversity and inclusion and is free from harassment. We ask and expect you to show respect and courtesy to everyone at the workshop.
Please, follow these guidelines:
- Behave professionally. Refrain from harassment in any form, including the continuous disruption of presentations, inappropriate physical contact and intimidation. This also includes offensive comments related to individual characteristics, for example: age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, nationality or religion.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience, taking into account the many different backgrounds of the participants. Sexual or sexist language and imagery is not appropriate.
- Be respectful and do neither insult the participants nor the facilitators of the event.
- Critique ideas, not people.
- We ask that if you witness events of bullying, harassment, or aggression, to please approach the affected person to show support and check how they are. As a witness, you can suggest that the affected person reports the inappropriate behaviour, but it is up to the affected person alone to decide whether they wish to report it or not.
- We recommend to get the speaker’s permission if you wish to share photos or videos of the speaker on social media. You are free to share the contents of talks/slides via social media unless speakers have asked that specific details/slides not be shared.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately and, in serious cases, may be asked to leave the event without a refund. Reports of harassment and unprofessional behaviour received by ESA hosts will be handled with the appropriate urgency and care.
Thank you for helping us making this a welcoming, respectful, and interesting meeting for all.