Charter - International Living with a Star working group
Stimulate, strengthen, and coordinate space research to understand the governing processes of the connected Sun-Earth System as an integrated entity.
To Stimulate and Facilitate:
- Study of the Sun-Earth connected system and the effects which influence life and society.
- Collaboration among potential partners in solar-terrestrial space missions.
- Synergistic coordination of international research in solar-terrestrial studies, including all relevant data sources as well as theory and modeling.
- Effective and user driven access to all data, results, and value-added products.
Space organizations committed to contribute to ILWS over the next decade. Contributions to include any of the following:
- Space Flight Missions
- Mission payloads or subsystems
- Mission launch or tracking services
- Additional data sources supporting flight missions (sounding rockets, balloon, or ground-based)
- Data dissemination, storage, distribution, and value adding systems
- Supporting theory and modeling