Andrea OpitzPost-doctoral fellow (2012-2015)
Main Research FieldsMy main scientific interest is solar wind and its interaction with planets. I study the temporal and spatial evolution of solar wind structures using multi-spacecraft data (STEREO, Venus Express, Mars Express, etc). Their effects on the planetary plasma environments is my key focus now.
- Terrestrial magnetotail in STEREO view
- Spatial and temporal evolution of the solar wind by STEREO
- Solar wind structures affecting the terrestrial planets
- Solar input at Venus and Mars
- Solar cycle dependence of the planetary upper atmospheres
ESA Research supervisor