ExoMars: Exploring Mars & Searching for Evidence of Life
Welcome to ESA's website for the ExoMars Scientific Community
News and Highlights
03/03/2017 4th ExoMars 2020 Landing Site Selection Workshop
The 4th ExoMars 2020 Landing Site Selection Workshop will be held on 27-28th March 2017 at the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC), Noordwijk, The Netherlands. The two-day workshop will be run by the ExoMars 2020 Landing Site Selection Working Group. A program of presentations, discussion and voting has been formulated to allow assessment of scientific and engineering aspects of the three remaining candidate landing sites: Aram Dorsum, Mawrth Vallis and Oxia Planum.
To attend in person or remotely, participants must register here. Details for connection via Webex will be distributed in the week prior to the workshop.
Selected scientific and engineering resources to aid site assessment are available on the landing site study pages (registration required).
28/09/2016 ExoMars 2016 SPICE kernels
Version 1.2.1 of the operational ExoMars 2016 Kernel Dataset has been published by the ESA SPICE service, hosted at ESAC. Kernels are available to download from ftp://spiftp.esac.esa.int/data/SPICE/ExoMars2016/kernels/. Please see the release notes for details.
Notable updates include:
- TGO medium term predicted data (SPK) and Science Operations Center test data (CK) for the interval 2016 OCT 19 15:01:08.184 - 2017 JAN 24 03:17:03.102.
- Instrument kernel (IK) for DECA.
- EDM frames and test attitude kernels, for the AMELIA investigation.
- Updated ACS, NOMAD and FREND frames and instrument kernels.
- Default CKs for ACS and NOMAD.
USRA Planetary Meetings Calendar
- 28th November 2016 - Ls = 270: MY 33 Northern Hemisphere Winter Solstice.
- 5th May 2017 - Ls = 0: MY 34 Northern Hemisphere Spring Equinox.
|WhereOnMars is an interactive and story-telling map visualisation of the ExoMars Rover candidate landing site selection process. |