Approximate Time: 40 minutes in non-peak hours
Distance: 45 km
Madrid Barajas Airport is located 15 km North-East of the city and is linked to Madrid by the M-11 highway. The best option to reach ESAC from Madrid Airport is by car, a trip of 45 km, taking about 40 minutes in non-peak hours (avoid such trip between 18:00 and 20:00). Check the Transport Information System of Madrid for details. There are no hotels near the site, but visitors can either stay in Madrid, in San Lorenzo de El Escorial or in Majadahonda/Las Rozas. The following information indicates the way to ESAC, illustrated by a set of detailed clickable maps below.
1. Exit Madrid Barajas Airport and follow signs Madrid and M-40 in the direction of Zaragoza and Feria de Madrid. You are on the M-11 going toward the M-40.
2. Exit the M-11 highway to the right onto the M-40 Norte at the junction indicating M-40 A-1 E-5 Burgos and A-6 A Coruna.
3. Continue on the M-40 for about 23 km.
4. Take exit 41 to the right toward M-503 Majadahonda and Villanueva de la Canada.
5. Keep right onto M-503 towards Villanueva de la Canada. Exit (exit number 9) onto ramp indicating Villanueva de la Canada.
6. At the roundabout take the road indicating M-503 Villanueva de la Canada.
7. Drive about 5 minutes until the Villafranca and ESA exit which leads you to a round about where you take the third exit towards ESA.