Home - BepiColombo HEWG
Hermean Environment Working Group
The BC mission includes two spacecraft and a complete suite of instruments which will permit to investigate the complex Hermean environment with unprecedented detail.
The role of the Hermean Environment Working Group is to keep the scientific community which is interested in the Mercury's environment linked and updated on the recent results, promoting collaborative studies.
The goal of the WG is to identify scientific topics that need common measurements, to define operation modes necessary for achievement of these tasks and the best operative way to archive and to visualize data from different instruments.
- What was the evolution of Mercury after its early formation?
- What was the effect of the external environment?
- How did the internal magnetic field play a role in this evolution?
- What are the current interactions between the surface, the exosphere and the magnetosphere of Mercury and between the planet and the interplanetary medium?
- What coordinated observations could shed light on this unknown environment?
HEWG WebEx meeting, 6 May 2022 13:00/21:00/7:00 CET/JST/EST
- LiveLink Hermean Environment Working Group document repository . Instructions: please use this link and not the standard link from the the BepiColombo main page to enter the HEWG WG Livelink area.
- Joint_Investigations_MPO and MMO UC table
- YSSG webpage
- HEWG Logo
- Publications 2009-2016
- The outcomes of the three telecons on TMX (March 2022) are available in the livelink repository (../Science Topic/TMX)
- The presentations of the HEWG Webex meeting (15 February 2022) are available in the livelink repository
- The presentations of the HEWG Webex meeting (1 December 2021) are available in the livelink repository
- The presentations of the HEWG Webex meeting (26 October 2021) are available in the livelink repository
- The presentations of the HEWG Webex meeting (23 June 2021) are available in the livelink repository
- Working Group Chair