Home - BepiColombo HEWG
Hermean Environment Working Group
The BC mission includes two spacecraft and a complete suite of instruments which will permit to investigate the complex Hermean environment with unprecedented detail.
The role of the Hermean Environment Working Group is to keep the scientific community which is interested in the Mercury's environment linked and updated on the recent results, promoting collaborative studies.
The goal of the WG is to identify scientific topics that need common measurements, to define operation modes necessary for achievement of these tasks and the best operative way to archive and to visualize data from different instruments.
- What was the evolution of Mercury after its early formation?
- What was the effect of the external environment?
- How did the internal magnetic field play a role in this evolution?
- What are the current interactions between the surface, the exosphere and the magnetosphere of Mercury and between the planet and the interplanetary medium?
- What coordinated observations could shed light on this unknown environment?
Meetings (most recent first)
- HEWG WebEx meeting, 24 November 2020 13:00/20:00/7:00 CET/JST/EDT
- Earth Flybys meeting, 20 November 2020 15:00 CET
- HEWG WebEx meeting, 23 September 2020 13:00/20:00/7:00 CET/JST/EDT
- HEWG WebEx meeting, 29 July 2020 13:00/20:00/7:00 CET/JST/EDT
- HEWG WebEx meeting, 21 April 2020 13:00/20:00/7:00 CET/JST/EDT
- 19th Science Working Team Meeting, ESTEC, the Netherlands, 14-18 October 2019 (Monday morning: Young scientist meeting; Monday afternoon: HEWG splinter meeting; Thursday afternoon: BepiColombo and Solar Orbiter exchange meeting)
- BepiColombo Young Scientists WG Workshop, Coimbra, Portugal, 26-28 March 2019
- 18th Science Working Team Meeting, Tokyo, Japan, 11-14 March 2019 (first day is dedicated to the splinter meetings)
- Mercury: current and future science of the innermost planet, Columbia, Maryland (US), 1.3 May, 2018
- 17th Science Working Team Meeting, Braunschweig, Germany, 12 - 15 March 2018, (Monday afternoon: Young scientist meeting, Tuesday afternoon: HEWG splinter meeting)
- 16th Science Working Team Meeting, Matera, Italy, 23 - 27 October 2017 (first two days are dedicated to the HEWG splinter meeting)
- 15th Science Working Team Meeting, Toulouse, France, 29 May-1 June 2017 (HEWG splinter on 30th May)
- 14th Science Working Team Meeting, Tokyo, Japan, 7-10 November 2016 (first two days are dedicated to the HEWG splinter meeting)
- 13th Science Working Team Meeting, ESAC, Madrid, Spain, 9-12 May 2016
- 2nd HEWG Workshop, Rovaniemi (Finland), 18-22 January, 2016
- 5th SERENA-HEWG Meeting, Killarney (Ireland), 12 - 18 June 2014
- 4th SERENA-HEWG Meeting, Key Largo (FL, USA), May from 13th to 17th 2013
- HEWG Workshop , Porto Venere (Italy) 12-16 June 2011
- LiveLink Hermean Environment Working Group document repository . Instructions: please use this link and not the standard link from the the BepiColombo main page to enter the HEWG WG Livelink area.
- UC table
- Joint_Investigations_MPO and MMO_instruments
- YSWG member list
- Science issue list
- HEWG Logo
- The presentations of the HEWG Webex meeting (24 November 2020) are available in the livelink repository
- The presentations and the material for Earth Flybys topics are available in the livelink repository Hermean Environment/Science Topics/EarthSB
- The presentations of the HEWG Webex meeting (29 July 2020) are available in the livelink repository
- Next HEWG online meeting: 29 July 2020 at 13.00/20:00 (CET/JST)
- Next BepiColombo SWT and YSSG Webex online meetings: 25 and 26 June 2020 at 13.00/20:00 (CET/JST)
- The presentations of the HEWG Webex meeting (21 April 2020) are available in the livelink repository
- Working Group Chair
- Anna Milillo
- Masaki Fujimoto