Welcome - Bepicolombo YSSG-CS
The Cruise Science subgroup is part of the Young Scientist Study Group (YSSG) and has a similar approach, where motivated scientists voluntarily review papers and/or present their science work, but focusing only on the cruise phase of BepiColombo. This includes the coordinated measurements from Solar Orbiter, Parker Solar Probe and any other heliospheric missions. The topics that will be addressed are:
1) Solar wind properties and turbulence.
2) Interplanetary events (CMEs, CIRs, Planetary Space Weather, shocks...).
3) Venus science (atmosphere/ magnetosphere, solar wind-induced magnetosphere coupling).
- Alberti et al., ApJ, 2022: The "Singular" Behavior of the Solar Wind Scaling Features during Parker Solar Probe–BepiColombo Radial Alignment
- Möstl et al., ApJL, 2022: Multipoint Interplanetary Coronal Mass Ejections Observed with Solar Orbiter, BepiColombo, Parker Solar Probe, Wind, and STEREO-A