Poster & flash talk instructions - Cluster Mass 2020
Poster & flash talk instructions
We intend to use gather.town for the poster session, please find below instructions for creating a poster, a poster preview and a single slide for the poster flash talks including naming conventions for the files.
The deadline to upload your poster, poster preview and flash talk slide is 1st September 2021. To upload these 3 files, follow the link shared with you in the email, create a folder with your name, and upload the files into that folder.
Main poster document:
- .png or .jpg format are the only file types that may be used.
- Minimum width is 1000px (26.46cm).
- Minimum height is 600px (15.88cm).
- Maximum file size is 3MB.
- No transparent background.
Preview “thumbnail” poster document:
- .png or .jpg format.
- A copy of the main poster document that has been made smaller (approx < 0.8 MB).
- Recommended width is half of the main document.
- Recommended height is half of the main document.
flash talk slide:
- The flash talk is a way to provide a brief showcase of your poster, please provide a simple slide ideally limited to one figure only (flash talks will be strictly limited to 1 minute).
- .pdf format, 10MB maximum
Naming conventions (please follow!):
- 1 slide in PDF format, following the naming convention: lastname_slide.pdf
- 1 poster in PNG or JPEG format, following the naming convention: lastname_poster_full.png
- 1 poster thumbnail in PNG or JPEG format, following the naming convention: lastname_poster_small.png
Resizing your poster to fit the dimension requirements
The most simple way to edit the dimensions of a poster is using a slideshow editor such as powerpoint or keynote.
Following you will find step by step details on how to change your dimensions.
- Select the Design tab of the toolbar ribbon.
- Select Slide Size icon near the far right end of the toolbar.
- Select Custom Slide Size/ Page Set up.
- Change the Width and Height to be larger than the minimum size guidelines above (26.46cm and 15.88cm) and click okay.
- Repeat to create the preview poster (thumbnail) with half of the width and height.