Home - FAIRPLAY
1st Announcement: FAIRPLAY workshop
The Fluvial Aeolian InteRactions on PLAnetarY surfaces workshop (FAIRPLAY) aims to promote synergy between different scientific communities that are directly or indirectly involved in the research of aeolian-fluvial interactions on planetary surfaces.
This workshop is organised by the Working group on Aeolian-Fluvial Terrain Interactions (WAFTI), recently established at the European Space Agency (ESA). The workshop will be a hybrid event with space for 100 in-person attendees. Registration and abstract submission will be free of charge.
The workshop focusses on aeolian-fluvial interactions on Earth, Mars and Titan, in the following subject areas:
- The influence of aeolian transport on fluvial morphodynamics and vice versa
- Sediment transport, sediment budgets and bedform dynamics
- Coupling between atmospheric and surface processes
- Remote sensing and in situ measurements
- Planetary analogues
- Implication for past or present habitable environments on other planets
- The potential for future exploration and investigation of planetary surfaces
We accept research on all spatial and temporal scales.
Date: 1-3 November 2023
LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE (WAFTI MEMBERS)
Rickbir Bahia – ESA/ESTEC
Eleni Bohacek – ESA/ESTEC
Lisanne Braat – ESA/ESTEC
Lucie Riu – ESA/ESAC
Sarah Boazman – ESA/ESTEC
Colin Wilson – ESA/ESTEC
Elliot Sefton-Nash – ESA/ESTEC