Performance and Calibration - ISO
Performance and Calibration
The characterisation of the instrument behaviour in-flight, its calibration, the corresponding data processing methods and caveats applicable to archive data products are described in the different volumes of the ISO Handbook:
- Volume I: ISO - Mission & Satellite Overview (Version 2.0)
- Volume II: CAM - The ISO Camera (Version 2.0)
- Volume III: LWS - The Long Wavelength Spectrometer (Version 2.1)
- Volume IV: PHT - The Imaging Photo-Polarimeter (Version 2.0.1)
- Volume V: SWS - The Short Wavelength Spectrometer (Version 2.0.1)
The ISO Handbook volumes give a summary on how to use ISO data in general. More detailed information can be found in the technical reports and calibration publications under the CAM Instrument Page, LWS Instrument Page, PHT Instrument Page and SWS Instrument Page.
The Calibration of ISOCatalogues of calibration source observations & models, used for the absolute flux calibration of the four ISO instruments.
Calibration Legacy PapersThis is a collection of papers presented most of them at the conference "The Calibration Legacy of the ISO Mission", held in Madrid, 5-9 February 2001, where many different aspects of ISO calibration are addressed, including complementary information to that provided in 'The ISO Handbook'. Special emphasis is given to calibration issues that may be relevant to future space missions:
- ISO Satellite:
- "The ISO Pointing Performance" - A. Salama
- "The development of stellar photometric standards for ISO" - P. Hammersley & M. Jourdain de Muizon
- "Planetary spectral models as references for calibration" - G. Orton & M. Burgdorf
- "Asteroids as Calibration Standards in the Thermal Infrared - Aplications and Results from ISO" - Th. Mueller & J. Lagerros
- "Stellar Calibration in the Infrared: Extending the Legacy of the KAO, ISO, and MSX to SIRTF and Beyond" - M. Cohen
- "Pre-flight Calibration of ISOCAM" - M. Pérault
- "The ISOCAM Strategy for In-flight Calibration" - L. Metcalfe
- "ISOCAM Photometry" - J. Blommaert et al.
- "Use and Impacts of the ISOCAM Daily Calibration" - P. Gallais
- "Pre-flight Calibration of the LWS" - T. Lim & B. Swinyard
- "The LWS Calibration Strategy" - T. Lim et al.
- "The LWS Relative Spectral Response Function" - T. Lim & B. Swinyard
- "Empirical Aspects of the LWS Photometric Calibration" - S. Sidher et al.
- "The Calibration of the LWS Parallel and Serendipity Modes" - T. Lim & F. Vivares
- "Wavelength Calibration and Instrumental Profiles of the ISO-LWS Grating" - C. Gry et al.
- "The ISO LWS Beam Profile" - C. Lloyd
- "The Pre-Flight Calibration of the ISOPHOT Instrument" - D. Lemke & J. Wolf
- "ISOPHOT In-flight Calibration Strategies" - U. Klaas et al.
- "ISOPHOT Point Source Calibration - Wrapping it Up" - B. Schulz
- "Analysis of ISOPHOT Chopped Observations" - P. Ábrahám et al.
- "In-orbit Calibration of ISOPHOT-S" - J. Acosta-Pulido & P. Ábrahám
- "Absolute Surface Brightness Photometry with ISOPHOT" - Ph. Héraudeau et al.
- "Straylight in ISOPHOT?" - D. Lemke et al.
- "Photometric Mapping with ISOPHOT using the "P32" Astronomical Observation Template" - R.Tuffs & C. Gabriel
- "The Ground-Based Calibration of SWS" - H. Feuchtgruber et al.
- "The ISO SWS Calibration: Strategy and Lessons Learned" - P. Roelfsema et al.
- "SWS In-Flight Calibration" - R. Shipman et al.
- "Stellar models in IR Calibration" - L. Decin
- "Deglitching of SWS Low Resolution Data" - F. Lahuis et al.
Cross-CalibrationThe ISO cross-calibration between the different subinstruments and with external facilities is analysed in a series of status reports issued every 6 months during Post-Operations.
- ISO (Cross-)Calibration Final Report (17/Oct/2003)
- 4th Post-Operations Cross-Calibration Status Report (08/Jan/2001)
- 3rd Post-Operations Cross-Calibration Status Report (03/Jul/2000)
- 2nd Post-Operations Cross-Calibration Status Report (21/Feb/2000)
- 1st Post-Operations Cross-Calibration Status Report (28/Jul/1999)