Data tutorials - Solar Orbiter
Tutorials from the Solar Orbiter Workshop (Belfast, September 2022)
This is a repository to hold all the tutorial notebooks for the data analysis day of the Solar Orbiter 8 Workshop.
Tutorials from the Solar Orbiter NASA/GSFC Workshop (24-25-26 October 2023)
Presentations and link to tutorials:
Sunpy tutorial - Laura Hayes
2. Tutorial on PHI data - Jonas Sinjan
3. Tutorial on Spice data - Tania Varesano
4. Tutorial on elemental abundance - Natalia Zambrana Prado
Tools from the SErpentine project
Here one can find the tools created within the SERPENTINE project (a European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme). They are available from the general SERPENTINE repository at GitHub, and can also be run on the SERPENTINE Hub server without the need to install Python locally.
- a multi-spacecraft longitudinal configuration plotter (Solar-MACH)
- a Energetic Particle Data Loaders Notebook (useful for EPD)
- a dynamic spectrum plotter for different charged particle species measured by the current heliospheric spacecraft fleet and radio observations (useful for EPD + RPW)
- a notebook to determine the onset times of an SEP event
- a time shift analysis notebook to interactively determine the solar release time for an SEP event observed in different energy channels
More explanations can be found here.
Data analysis software from the instrument teams
- Quicklook software for Solar Orbiter SPICE in IDL, from UiO
- Python data analysis tools for the SPICE extreme-UV spectrometer on Solar Orbiter, from IAS