Mars Science Workshop 2018 - Mars Science Workshop 2018
MARS SCIENCE Workshop ``From Mars Express to Exomars ́ ́
Workshop presentations and pictures are now publicly available for download.
• Martian surface's intrinsic reflectivity, spectral properties, topography effects
• Global water cycle (vapour & ice) and the role of water ice clouds
• Atmospheric dust, particles distribution & properties, dust storms and variability
• Photochemistry, atmospheric stability, trace species across the Terminator
• Upper atmosphere composition, wave propagation, airglow emissions, escape to space
• Delivering of Mars data products and modeling results to scientific archives
The science research topics are mainly focused on the analysis and revision of datasets from present and past missions around Mars, especially Mars Express but also international collaborations with MAVEN, MSL, MRO, etc, in preparation for the exploitation of the Exomars Trace Gas Orbiter measurements. Science contributions may also include model developments, data assimilation techniques, novel data analysis and retrieval tools.
The workshop is organized in collaboration with the EU H2020 project UPWARDS. Results of the consortium will be presented during the workshop, including the delivery of this project's data products to the ESA Planetary Science Archive.
Organized by ESA-ESAC & IAA-CSIC, with the support of the ESAC Faculty and the EU H2020 project UPWARDS