Code of Conduct - PSIDA-2022
PSIDA 2022 CODE OF CONDUCT
As the Local Organising Committee of the PSIDA 2022 conference, we assume that all participants share our commitment to create a meeting environment that values diversity and inclusion and therefore is free from harassment. We want to promote a diverse environment with respectful and courteous behaviour and therefore we expect all participants to adhere to our following guidelines:
- Behave professionally. Refrain from harassment in any form, including the continuous disruption of presentations, inappropriate physical contact and intimidation. This also includes offensive comments related to individual characteristics, for example: age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, nationality or religion.
- Ensure all communication are appropriate for a professional audience, taking into account the many different backgrounds of the participants. Sexual or sexist language and imagery is not appropriate.
- Be respectful and do neither insult the participants nor the facilitators of the event.
- Critique ideas, not people.
- Should you witness events of bullying, harassment, or aggression, please approach the affected person to show support and check how they are. As a witness, you can suggest that the affected person reports the inappropriate behaviour, but it is up to the affected person alone to decide whether they wish to report it or not.
- We recommend to get the speaker’s permission if you wish to share photos or videos of the speaker on social media. You are free to share the contents of talks/slides via social media unless speakers have asked that specific details/slides not be shared.
- Participants can report in confidence to any member of the Local Organising Committee (who will be easily recognisable at the workshop) any deviation of these guidelines. Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately and, in serious cases, may be asked to leave the event.
We thank you for helping us making the PSIDA 2022 conference a welcoming, respectful, and interesting meeting for all.