Task Group Coordinate Systems - JUICE
Task Group for satellites coordinate systems, cartography and nomenclature
The tasks of the group are:
- to define appropriate reference systems for Galilean Satellites and promote their use by the JUICE teams; to support the realization of reference frames by various techniques;
- to calculate new control point networks and controlled global mosaics for Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto as basis for the planning work;
- to support the determination of rotational parameters;
- to define the standards for the cartographic productd of the JUICE mission
- to recommend naming for features of interest;
- to communicate on behalf of the JUICE project with the appropriate channels (e.g. IAU, USGS, etc...).
September 2015: following the task group recommendation, the JUICE science working team decided to use planetocentric East coordinates for all planning and cartographic products of the Jovian satellites.
MAPS (GANYMEDE, EUROPA, CALLISTO)
Georeferenced maps for the 3 moons are available here