Checklist for the proposal
The proposal text must contain at least the following three items:
- the scientific case;
- the observation strategy;
- a demonstration of the feasibility of the observations.
The proposal should be checked against the following questions:
- If it is not concerning a re-confirmation of a multi-year proposal, is your science justification not more than 5 pages?
- If it concerns a re-confirmation of a multi-year proposal, is it not more than 2 pages?
- Is the font size larger than 10 points?
- Does the science justification contain the mandatory three sections mentioned above? Do you have a special justification if requesting more than 1 Ms?
- Can your programme only be done with (new) INTEGRAL observations? Can't it be done using archival data?
- Have you filled in the Observations Details Panel for all observations of every source?
- If your observation has any scheduling constraints, have you marked it as Fixed Time, and have you provided the details in the PGT form?
- If you propose for a ToO, have you provided the trigger criteria (flux levels, energy range, instrument) and a strategy how to observe it (e.g., one observation using the total time, or several observations distributed over a period of specified time)?
- If your proposal is for GRB or other fast transient phenomena data, have you supplied the trigger criteria and the time interval of the data you request?
- If you are not using the standard rectangular (5x5) dither, have you justified the use of any other pattern?
- Could your programme benefit from joint INTEGRAL/XMM-Newton, INTEGRAL-NuSTAR, and/or INTEGRAL/Swift observations? If so, have you selected one of them from the drop-down list in the Proposal Details panel in PGT?
- In case you want to submit a multi-year proposal, have you checked the appropriate box in PGT? Did you fill in the observation times for this AO and the next AO?
- Have you submited a confirmation proposal if you seek TAC approval for the second year of your multi-year observation?
- If you want to obtain data rights on certain sources in the FOV, did you list the sources in the PGT form?
- If you want your data to become public immediately, did you renounce the data rights in PGT?
- Remember that it is not possible to propose for observing nearby SNe.
- It is also not possible to propose for time bound by Memoranda of Understanding or Letters of Intent.
- Finally, have you checked the latest news on the ISOC web page (http://www.cosmos.esa.int/web/integral)?
- And have you read the entire AO documentation package and are you aware of the most recent updates for this AO?