About the INTEGRAL Science Operations Centre (ISOC) - INTEGRAL
About the INTEGRAL Science Operations Centre (ISOC)
The INTEGRAL Science Operations Centre (ISOC) is responsible for the definition of scientific operations including the instrument configuration for each observation, the mission planning and implementation of the observing programme.
In summary, the ISOC:
- prepares AO's for observations, receives proposals and assesses their technical feasibility and makes these assessments available to the Time Allocation Committee.
- is responsible for the mission planning (scheduling) and implementation of the observing programme.
- is responsible for the definition of scientific operations including the instrument configuration for each observation
- will decide on the generation of an alert for Targets of Opportunity in order to change/interrupt the observing programme (responsibility of Project Scientist).
- will keep an archive of all scientific data as created and maintained by the INTEGRAL Science Data Centre (ISDC).
SCIENCE AT ISOC
In parallel to their operational duties, the INTEGRAL Scientists are involved in research acitvities. A summary of their fields of interest can be found here.
ISOC at ESAC
|Postal Address:||INTEGRAL Science Operations Centre
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
P.O. Box 78
28691 Villanueva de la Cañada (Madrid)
|Telephone:||+34 918 131 xxx (see below for extension)|
Science Operations Centre CoordinatorArchive Scientist
|Caballero, Isabel||Operations Scientist||343|
|Ebrero, Jacobo||Operations Scientist||526|
|Ehle, Matthias||Mission Manager|
|Hernández, Cristina||Software Engineer and webmaster|
|Kuulkers, Erik||Project Scientist||+31 71 565 8470|
|Salazar Doñate, Emilio||Software Engineer||433|
|Sánchez, Celia||Operations Scientist||375|
|ISOC Planning room||223|