ESASky Help - ESDC
ESASky is a science driven discovery portal providing full access to the entire sky as observed with space, ground based and multi-messenger astronomy missions.
If you can not find the information you need within these help pages, please contact us.
ESASky has been tested throughly with Chrome, Firefox and Safari web browsers. We recommend users to open ESASky in Chrome.
USE CASES (VIDEOS)
For the latest use case videos, please see our How To page.
- Modes and basic exploration functionalities
- Search field description
- Skies menu description
- Data panel (Imaging, Catalogue and Spectra search) description
- Solar System Objects search feature
- Multi-messenger events
- Scientific Publications search
- External TAP search
- Target list feature
- Observations Planning tool
- ESA/Hubble Outreach Images
- ESA/Webb Outreach Images
- Snapshot feature
- Selection tool
- Explore random targets feature
- Bookmark / sharing feature
- Additional information and help menus
- Save an ESASky session
ESASKY ASTROQUERY MODULE
It is possible to query ESASky using a dedicated python Astroquery module.
EDDIE CUTOUT SERVICE
This is a tool to generate images from a given sky map (HiPS), a field of view and a specific projection. Click here for information.
- INTEGRAL observations
- XMM-Newton observations
- IUE observations
- HST observations
- CHEOPS observations
- ISO observations
- JWST observations
- Herschel observations
- AKARI observations
- ALMA observations
- Chandra observations
- eROSITA observations
- LAMOST observations
- Spitzer observations
- Suzaku observations
- Astrometric catalogues: Gaia DR3, Hipparcos-2, Tycho-2
- INTEGRAL IBIS/ISGRI Soft Gamma-Ray Source Catalog
- XMM-Newton catalogues:4XMM-DR12, 4XMM-DR12s, XMMSL2, XMM-SUSS5.0
- Hubble Source Catalog (HSC) v3.1
- All-Sky PLATO Input Catalogue (asPIC1.1)
- Herschel mission catalogues: HPPSC, HSPSC
- Planck mission catalogues: PCCS2, Planck SZ2, PGCC2
- Catalogues from other data providers:
- 2WHSP: A multi-frequency selected catalogue of high energy and very high energy gamma-ray blazars and blazar candidates
- Akari IRC Point Source Catalog
- AllWISE Source Catalog
- Chandra Source Catalog
- eROSITA catalogues: eFEDS main, eFEDS hard, etaCha main, etaCha hard
- Fermi catalogues: 4FGL-DR2, 3FHL, 4LAC-DR2
- GLADE+ Galaxy Catalog
- IceCube All-Sky Point Source Events Catalogue (2008-2018)
- LAMOST DR8 General Catalogs
- Open Universe for Blazars v2.0
- The second ROSAT all-sky survey source catalogue (2RXS)
- Two-Micron All-Sky Survey (2MASS) Catalog of Point Sources
ESASKY LEGACY RESOURCES
The following catalogues are also available through the ESASky Legacy TAP:
The catalogues for the following EU-funded projects, based on ESA missions data, are available through the ESASky Legacy TAP:
SKIES (HIPS) INFORMATION
ESA/HUBBLE OUTREACH IMAGES
ESA/WEBB OUTREACH IMAGES
CONTRIBUTING DATA TO ESASKY
If you want to make your data available through ESASky, please contact us. After mutual agreement, you will have to prepare your data according to these instructions.
Contact us either via UserEcho or our helpdesk.
ESASky only uses a cookie if you check the "Don't show this message again" check box to remember your decision. The following information is collected:
For further information please see the ESDC cookies policy.
ESASKY FOR EDUCATION
Some educational activities that make use of ESASky.
ESASky EVA Virtual Assistant
PUBLICATIONS USING AND ABOUT ESASKY
Information in connection with your use of the website, such as information in server logs, including information on how the website was used by you and your search queries. This is collected and analysed in order to continue improving the application.