ESASky Help - ESDC
ESASky is a science driven discovery portal providing full access to the entire sky as observed with space, ground based and multi-messenger astronomy missions.
If you can not find the information you need within these help pages, please contact us.
ESASky has been tested throughly with Chrome, Firefox and Safari web browsers. We recommend users to open ESASky in Chrome.
USE CASES (VIDEOS)
For the latest use case videos, please see our How To page.
- Modes and basic exploration functionalities
- Search field description
- Skies menu description
- Data panel (Imaging, Catalogue and Spectra search) description
- Solar System Objects search feature
- Multi-messenger events
- Scientific Publications search
- External TAP search
- Target list feature
- Observations Planning tool
- ESA/Hubble Outreach Images
- Snapshot feature
- Selection tool
- Explore random targets feature
- Bookmark / sharing feature
- Additional information and help menus
- Save an ESASky session
It is possible to query ESASky using a dedicated python Astroquery module.
EDDIE CUTOUT SERVICE
- INTEGRAL observations
- XMM-Newton observations
- IUE observations
- HST observations
- CHEOPS observations
- ISO observations
- JWST observations
- Herschel observations
- AKARI observations
- ALMA observations
- Chandra observations
- LAMOST observations
- Spitzer observations
- Suzaku observations
- Astrometric catalogues: Gaia DR3, Hipparcos-2, Tycho-2
- INTEGRAL IBIS/ISGRI Soft Gamma-Ray Source Catalog
- XMM-Newton catalogues:4XMM-DR12, 4XMM-DR12s, XMMSL2, XMM-SUSS5.0
- Hubble Source Catalog (HSC) v3.1
- Herschel mission catalogues: HPPSC, HSPSC
- Planck mission catalogues: PCCS2, Planck SZ2, PGCC2
- Catalogues from other data providers:
- 2WHSP: A multi-frequency selected catalogue of high energy and very high energy gamma-ray blazars and blazar candidates
- Akari IRC Point Source Catalog
- AllWISE Source Catalog
- Chandra Source Catalog
- Fermi catalogues: 4FGL-DR2, 3FHL, 4LAC-DR2
- IceCube All-Sky Point Source Events Catalogue (2008-2018)
- LAMOST DR8 General Catalogs
- Open Universe for Blazars v2.0
- The second ROSAT all-sky survey source catalogue (2RXS)
- Two-Micron All-Sky Survey (2MASS) Catalog of Point Sources
The following catalogues are also available through the Legacy ESASky TAP:
ESASky only uses a cookie if you check the "Don't show this message again" check box to remember your decision. The following information is collected:
Information in connection with your use of the website, such as information in server logs, including information on how the website was used by you and your search queries. This is collected and analysed in order to continue improving the application.
For further information please see the ESDC cookies policy.
Some educational activities that make use of ESASky.