ESASky Help - ESDC
ESASky is a science driven discovery portal providing full access to the entire sky as observed with space, ground based and multi-messenger astronomy missions.
If you can not find the information you need within these help pages, please contact us.
ESASky has been tested throughly with Chrome, Firefox and Safari web browsers. We recommend users to open ESASky in Chrome.
USE CASES (VIDEOS)
For the latest use case videos, please see our How To page.
- Modes and basic exploration functionalities
- Search field description
- Skies menu description
- Data panel (Imaging, Catalogue and Spectra search) description
- Solar System Objects search feature
- Multi-messenger events
- Scientific Publications search
- External TAP search
- Target list feature
- Observations Planning tool
- ESA/Hubble Outreach Images
- Snapshot feature
- Selection tool
- Explore random targets feature
- Bookmark / sharing feature
- Additional information and help menus
It is possible to query ESASky using a dedicated python Astroquery module.
EDDIE CUTOUT SERVICE
- INTEGRAL observations
- XMM-Newton observations
- IUE observations
- HST observations
- CHEOPS observations
- ISO observations
- Herschel observations
- AKARI observations
- ALMA observations
- Chandra observations
- Spitzer observations
- Suzaku observations
- Astrometric catalogues: Gaia EDR3, Hipparcos-2, Tycho-2
- Fermi catalogues: 4FGL-DR2, 3FHL, 4LAC-DR2
- INTEGRAL IBIS/ISGRI Soft Gamma-Ray Source Catalog
- XMM-Newton catalogues:4XMM-DR10, 4XMM-DR10s, XMMSL2, XMM-SUSS5.0
- Hubble Source Catalog (HSC)
- Open Universe for Blazars v2.0
- Herschel mission catalogues: HPPSC, HSPSC
- Planck mission catalogues: PCCS2, Planck SZ2, PGCC2
The following catalogues are also available through the Legacy ESASky TAP:
ESASky only uses a cookie if you check the "Don't show this message again" check box to remember your decision. The following information is collected:
Information in connection with your use of the website, such as information in server logs, including information on how the website was used by you and your search queries. This is collected and analysed in order to continue improving the application.
Some educational activities that make use of ESASky.