ESASky is a science driven discovery portal providing full access to the entire sky as observed with Space astronomy missions.
If you can not find the information you need within these help pages, please contact us.
ESASky has been tested throughly with Chrome, Firefox and Safari web browsers. We recommend users to open ESASky in Chrome.
USE CASES (VIDEOS)
For the latest use case videos, please see our How To page.
- Search field description
- Skies menu description
- Data panel (Imaging, Catalogue and Spectra search) description
- Solar System Objects search feature
- Scientific Publications search
- Target list feature
- Observations Planning tool
- Snapshot feature
- Explore random targets feature
- Bookmark / sharing feature
- Additional information and help menus
It is possible to query ESASky using a dedicated python Astroquery module.
EDDIE CUTOUT SERVICE
- INTEGRAL observations
- XMM-Newton observations
- IUE observations
- HST observations
- ISO observations
- Herschel observations
- Chandra observations
- Suzaku observations
- Astrometric catalogues: Gaia DR2, Hipparcos-2, Tycho-2
- INTEGRAL IBIS/ISGRI Soft Gamma-Ray Source Catalog
- XMM-Newton catalogues: 3XMM DR7, XMMSL1.6, XMM-SUSS2.1
- Hubble Source Catalog (HSC)
- Herschel mission catalogues: HPPSC, HSPSC
- Planck mission catalogues: PCCS2, Planck SZ2, PGCC2
- Chandra Source Catalog (CSC1.1)
Some educational activities that make use of ESASky.
Read and subscribe to the ESDC Newsletter here.PUBLICATIONS USING AND ABOUT ESASKY
ESASky only uses a cookie if you check the "Don't show this message again" check box to remember your decision. No other behaviours are tracked and no personal information is collected.