11. ESAC. Continuous design of Multimedia, Web and Social Media contents for CESAR - ESAC Trainees
11. Continuous Design of Multimedia, WEB and Social Media Contents for CESAR.
ESA supervisor: Sandra Benitez
Collaborator(s): Beatriz Gonzalez, Maria Herranz
CesaR (Cooperation through Education in Science and Astronomy Research) is a joint educational programme developed by the European Space Agency (ESA), the Spanish National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA) and the public company ISDEFE. It is based at ESA’s European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC) in Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid, Spain. Its main goal is to provide students and teachers from European schools with hands-on educational materials and resources about Astrophysics and Space Sciences, to be carried out in the classroom, as well as easy access to ESA´s data archive and to optical and radio telescopes.
This internship aims at designing and creating new multimedia contents for the CESAR educational resources, to make them more engaging and attractive for young audiences. Also, to share them with national and international teachers through our teacher trainings. Regarding web and social media content, a yearly strategy needs to be developed to identify the most relevant moments for content sharing, given the different events organized by the project throughout the year. Aside from creation of audiovisual materials, analysis and monitoring of the impact of these will be also an important task for this internship.
Project duration: 6 months.
Desirable expertise or programming language:
- Interest in Planetary Science, Space Science and Communications.
- General multimedia and Social Media knowledge.
- Knowledge of graphic design and basic HTML.
- Knowledge of developing VR projects.
- Good level of editing pictures and videos.
- Good level of English and Spanish, spoken and written, is required.
- Good communication skills.
- Good understanding of astronomical concepts.
- Familiarity with inclusive and diverse environments.
- Creativity, Capable of working in international teams and alone.
- Capable of meeting milestones within schedules.
To apply for this project please fill in an online application form through the following link.