12. ESAC. Digital transformation of the CESAR Space Science Experiences - II - ESAC Trainees
12. Digital Transformation of the CESAR Space Science Experiences - II.
ESA supervisor: Sandra Benitez
Collaborator(s): Beatriz Gonzalez
CesaR (Cooperation through Education in Science and Astronomy Research) is a joint educational programme developed by the European Space Agency (ESA), the Spanish National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA) and the public company ISDEFE. It is based at ESA’s European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC) in Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid, Spain. Its main goal is to provide students and teachers from European schools with hands-on educational materials and resources about Astrophysics and Space Sciences, to be carried out in the classroom, as well as easy access to ESA´s data archive and to optical and radio telescopes.
The CESAR Team is undergoing a continuous process of transformation of its digital educational materials, currently hosted in the project´s website, adapting them to new formats which are more engaging for the students, such as online labs, VR applications and e-learning platforms. In this context, we follow the principles and guidelines already established by our colleagues from ESA Education, with whom the CESAR team is in regular contact.
The update of the materials pursues a second goal: to ensure they are accessible, inclusive, and diverse. A revision of all these aspects started already in 2023 and will be continued in 2024.
This intership will have a dual dimension, working toward the transformation of the educational resources and their revision from an inclusion perspective.
Project duration: 6 months.
Desirable expertise or programming language:
- Good understanding of astronomical concepts.
- Pedagological skills, experience working with primary and secondary school-level students.
- Experience designing education materials for inclusive and diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of developing VR projects and e-learning platforms.
- Capable of working in international teams.
- Fluent in English (reading and writing).
- Creative, capable to meet milestones within schedules.
To apply for this project please fill in an online application form through the following link.