Data Privacy Notice - CHEOPS Guest Observers Programme
Data Privacy Notice
It is necessary to collect and process some personal data from prospective users of the CHEOPS Guest Observers (GO) Programme to enable both the evaluation of proposals and the execution of observing programmes.
When submitting an individual proposal requesting observing time on CHEOPS, the proposal Principal Investigators (PIs) are asked to confirm that they have read and agree to the processing described in the privacy notice that governs the use of personal data by ESA, in the GO Programme. The current applicable privacy notice can be found here. The PI of a proposal is responsible for ensuring that they have collected the consent from their team members for the use of their personal data submitted as part of a proposal. Team members should be supplied with a copy of the relevant Data Privacy Notice and consent records should be kept by the PI.
Current as well as previous versions of the notice/details on how personal data is handled in the CHEOPS Guest Observers Programme can be found at the links below:
- Data Privacy Notice applicable to proposals submitted since April 2023 here
- Data Privacy Notice applicable to proposals submitted from November 2022 until March 2023 here
- Data Privacy Notice applicable to AO-3 (released February 2022), and to proposals submitted to the Discretionary Programme between February 2022 and November 2022 here
- Approach to handling of personal data for AO-2 (released November 2020), detailed in section 11 of the Policies and Procedures document here
- Approach to handling of personal data for proposals submitted to the Discretionary Programme between May 2020 and November 2022, detailed in section 10 of the Discretionary Programme Policies and Procedures document here
Last updated 18 Apr 2023