Herschel User Registration - Herschel
HERSCHEL SELF-REGISTRATION TOOL
Herschel requires you to be a registered Herschel user to access some of our user services, such as raising questions through the Herschel Science Centre Helpdesk, or retrieving Herschel observations from the Herschel Science Archive.
The tool is configured to approve registration requests automatically.
Please choose one of the following options:
- If you are new to Cosmos (the registration system used by all ESA missions) start by entering your e-mail address in the New Registration - Search by Email Address box below. The system will check first if the e-mail address already exists in the Cosmos database and use CAPCHA to ensure that you are a genuine user and not a bot.
- If no exact match is found in the system, the self-registration process will start.
- Fill in the details in the “Personal details” tab that will open if your e-mail is not already registered. Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. Please ensure the registered email address is operational, as you will need it to complete the registration.
- Once you have done this, click on the “Project details” tab and select the notifications you want to receive, or select “No Notifications” if you do not want to receive Herschel mailings.
- Click on Submit to complete the registration.
RECOVERING aN OLD ACCOUNT
- If you believe that you have an account in Cosmos, but are uncertain because it is an old one, search for yourself using either Search by Name or Search by e-mail address. Both require an exact match to the name in the database (e.g. if you were registered as “James T. Kirk”, neither a search for “James Kirk”, nor for “James Tiberius Kirk” will find you).
- The system will tell you if a match is found. If you have an account, but cannot remember your password, go to User Services à Lost password?? to re-set it. You must supply your username to do this.
- Follow the instructions below to update your profile and correct any details that are out of date, particularly your e-mail address.
- If no exact match is found in the system, the self-registration process for a New Registration will start. Please ensure the registered email address is operational, as you will need it to complete the registration.
EDIT YOUR USER PROFILE
If you are already a Herschel registered user and want to edit your user profile, e.g. update your e-mail address, or other personal details:
- Click on the link in the top right corner of the portal and sign-in with your Herschel username and password.
- Click on your name (that will appear displayed at the same place - top right corner - where the sign-in link was located) to access your user profile by selecting the 'My account' option.
- Update your personal details editing the User Profile form that will be displayed as a pop-up window and do not forget to click on the 'Submit' box at the bottom of the form to make your changes effective.