Herschel Self-Registration Tool
Herschel requires you to be a registered Herschel user to access some of our user services, like raising questions through the Herschel Science Centre Helpdesk or retrieving Herschel observations from the Herschel Science Archive.
The tool has been configured to automatically approve registration requests.
If you want to register as Herschel user, please choose one of the following options:
- If you are new to Cosmos (the registration system used by ESA missions like Herschel) go to the New Registration - Search by Email Address section below and enter your e-mail address in the box. The system, as a first action, will check if the e-mail address already exists in the Cosmos database.
- Alternatively, if you believe you have an account in Cosmos, search for yourself in the Search by Name section. If an exact match is found in the system, the self registration process will start. Please ensure the registered email address is operational, you will need it to complete the registration.
EDIT YOUR USER PROFILE
If you are already a Herschel registered user and want to edit your user profile, e.g. update your e-mail address or other personal details:
- Click on the link in the top right corner of the portal and sign-in with your Herschel username and password.
- Click on your name to access your User Profile (it will appear displayed at the same place - top right corner - where the sign-in link was located).
- Update your personal details editing the User Profile fom that will be displayed as a pop-up window and do not forget to click on the 'Submit' box at the bottom of the form to make your changes effective.