Herschel User Contributed Software - Herschel
Herschel User Contributed Software
The Herschel user community is invited to contribute with their own Herschel data reduction and analysis software, or other web resources to the overall effort of improving Herschel Data Processing capabilties. Basic guidelines describing how to contribute with your own software scripts and tools (within HIPE or otherwise) are provided in the document "Herschel Tools Contributor's Guide".
The software listed on this page has been created and contributed by the Herschel User Community. These tools have not been developed or necessarily tested by the HSC, ICCs or NHSC, and, as such, the HSC Helpdesk will provide no support for problems with these tools, or for problems arising in HIPE because of these tools. Users will download and install the tools at their own risk. The responsibility to maintain and update the contributed scripts and tools lays on the contributors. Contact e-mail addresses will be provided for each item so that users can contact the authors directly if they have any question.
The Herschel Science Centre may eventually decide the full integration of some of these scripts and tools into the official HIPE distribution, or as HIPE plugins. For fully integrated software tools, support to users will be provided as usual by the Herschel Science Centre Helpdesk, which can also be contacted at any time if you have any question or doubts related to the contents of this page, and in particular if you need further assistance on how to deliver your Contributed Software.
This is a compilation of the software tools provided or made available by the Herschel user community sorted by relevance to instrument, with general data analysis resources listed at the bottom.
Contributed Software - PACSContributed Software relevant to PACS data reduction and analysis
Contributed Software - SPIREContributed Software relevant to SPIRE data reduction and analysis
Contributed Software - HIFIContributed Software relevant to HIFI data reduction and analysis.
Other useful software - GeneralContributed or other software relevant for general Herschel data reduction and analysis.
This is a list of (some of) the plug-ins currently available for HIPE. More information can be found on our HIPE plugins twiki.
- CASSIS Plug-in - provides a complete analysis and modeling tool for infrared and submillimeter spectra.
- Cosmology Plug-in - to perform common Cosmological calculations.
- Demonstration Plug-in - for plug-in developers. It shows some features of plug-in, such as including a license text, using a custom installer and custom configuration.
- Herschel Quick Look Plugin - Access the quick look data products from the Herschel Space Observatory, searching by target name, sky coordinates or observation identifier.
- HIFI useful scripts PlugIn (HI-PI) - collected scripts from various sources around the HIFI ICC that have proved useful to users when reducing their data.
- MUST Plug-in - allows you to connect to ESOC's MUST database and process the housekeeping parameters (at the moment only accessible within the ESA internal network)
- ScanAmorphos Plug-in - to read data from the scanamorphos program.
- SPIRE Photometric Interactive Analysis (SPIA) - An interactive user interface to support rapid SPIRE photometer data inspection, reprocessing, and analysis.
- SupremePhoto Plug-in - to run the SUPREME map maker on Herschel data using HIPE.
- Unit Conversion Tool Plug-in - to perform unit conversion. Documentation can be found in HIPE Help Menu (Help/Help on Unit Conversion Tool).
- WhereIs plug-in - returns a list of OBSIDs where a sky location (ra,dec) can be found in Herschel SPIRE and/or PACS maps.