XSA Release Notes Archive
XSA version 9.3:
The XSA v9.3, released on 20 March 2017, includes, among other improvements and bugs fixed, the following:
- access to the new version of the XMM-Newton SLew Survey Catalogue (XMMSL2)
- access to the updated version of the XMM-Newton OM Catalogue (XMM-SUSS3.0)
- public ODFs and PPS products can individually be downloaded without the need of login into XSA. The use of the shopping basket for multiple downloads still requires to be logged in
- display of the new pipeline products for EPIC PPS sources (postcards with extraction regions and combined light curves)
- possibility to customise coordinates and distance units in the results panels
XSA version 9.2:
The XSA v9.2, released on 30 November 2016, includes, among other improvements and bugs fixed, the following:
- new functionalities for the shopping basket.
- postcard OM images for all filters used in the observation.
- display of Slew Survey PPS sources (at the time of the XSA v9.2 release the pipeline is not producing slew sources yet. It is planned that the next pipeline version will do so).
- checkboxes added to all sources in the results page (to allow saving or broadcasting source lists).
XSA version 9.1:
The XSA v9.1, released on 5 July 2016, includes the following:
- access to the new incremental EPIC (3XMM-DR6) catalogue.
- a new display of results for the search on a list of objects.
- improvement of the name resolver when searching by name.
- the observations results table includes information about coordinated observations.
XSA version 9.0:
The XSA v9.0, released on 3 May 2016, includes among other improvements and bugs fixed, the following:
- New columns can be selected to be displayed in the different Results tabs.
- OM combined images are shown in the Details panel besides EPIC and RGS combined images, and can also be displayed in the Observations results panel.
- The new pipeline product EPIC 3 Colour Image is shown instead of the old EPIC combined image when available.
- More command line and URL options to access XSA data are provided (see: http://nxsa.esac.esa.int/nxsa-web/#aio).
- New XSA TAP (Table Access Protocol) implemented to be able to access the XSA database info (see: http://nxsa.esac.esa.int/nxsa-web/#tap).
- Links to XcatDB info are provided for 3XMM-DR5 sources.
XSA version 8.7:
The XSA v8.7, released on 3 December 2015, includes among other improvements and bugs fixed, the following:
- OM exposures with a FAST mode window can now be searched by selecting FAST or IMAGE + FAST in the "Instrument Configuration" option of the Search panel. They can be identified in the OM Exposures tab in the results panel.
- Options to make selections by Instrument Mode or Filter were added to the command line access to the data (AIO).
- Non-processed Slew observation are now also shown in the results panel.
XSA version 8.6:
The XSA v8.6, released on 10 Aug 2015, includes among other improvements, the following:
- Download of PPS products (images, spectra, light curves, etc) now includes the corresponding FITS files, besides PDF and PNG files.
- Added new "direct download" options for OM/EPIC PPS and catalogue sources.
- Solved the issue preventing the users to send proprietary data to VO tools like Aladin or TOPCAT.
- A bug in the "change password" functionality has been fixed.
XSA version 8.5:
The XSA v8.5, released on 27 May 2015, includes among other improvements, the following:
- new columns (mainly error columns) are now available in the results panels.
- a bug in sending results to TOPCAT has been fixed.
- a bug in "Launch the SAMP Hub" from XSA image postcards has been fixed.
XSA version 8.4:
The XSA v8.4, released on 28 April 2015, includes among other improvements, the following:
- access to the new incremental EPIC (3XMM-DR5) catalogue.
- access to the new incremental OM (XMM-SUSSv2.1) catalogue.
- two new types of file searches: on a file with a list of galactic coordinates and on a file with a list of Observations IDs.
- the possibility to save/print the selected, visible columns, not all of them as before.
- the possibility to remain signed in.
- perform the search on a list of objects even if a name or coordinate fails the verification.
The XSA v8.3, released on 4 December 2014, includes, among others, the following improvements:
- search by "File" is now possible for up to 1000 names or positions (in previous XSA versions this was limited to about 400 entries).
- the Mosaic ODF sub-sets are now searchable by coordinates.
- a major update of publications associated to each observation has been implemented.
The XSA v8.2, released on 27 February 2014, provides for the first time access to two new versions of catalogues: the incremental XMMSL1_Delta6 and the XMM-SUSS2. It also provides access to new mosaic ODF subsets generated in 2014, and continues giving access, as earlier XSA v8 versions, to the 3XMM-DR4 and to all XMM-Newton ODF and PPS files, either routinely processed since July 2013, or earlier data reprocessed in 2013.
XSA version 8.0:
The XSA v8.0, released on 23 July 2013, offered for the first time a web based interface to the XMM-Newton Science Archive. The XSA was fully re-engineered also greatly improving the search speed.
Since v8.0 of the XSA access is provided to all XMM-Newton data including the fully reprocessed PPS products, and the 3XMM-DR4 catalogue.