XSA version 9.3: New
The XSA v9.3, released on 20 March 2017, includes, among other improvements and bugs fixed, the following:
- access to the new version of the XMM-Newton SLew Survey Catalogue (XMMSL2)
- access to the updated version of the XMM-Newton OM Catalogue (XMM-SUSS3.0)
- public ODFs and PPS products can individually be downloaded without the need of login into XSA. The use of the shopping basket for multiple downloads still requires to be logged in
- display of the new pipeline products for EPIC PPS sources (postcards with extraction regions and combined light curves)
- possibility to customise coordinates and distance units in the results panels
XSA version 9.2:
The XSA v9.2, released on 30 November 2016, includes, among other improvements and bugs fixed, the following:
- new functionalities for the shopping basket.
- postcard OM images for all filters used in the observation.
- display of Slew Survey PPS sources (at the time of the XSA v9.2 release the pipeline is not producing slew sources yet. It is planned that the next pipeline version will do so).
- checkboxes added to all sources in the results page (to allow saving or broadcasting source lists).
XSA version 9.1:
The XSA v9.1, released on 5 July 2016, includes the following:
- access to the new incremental EPIC (3XMM-DR6) catalogue.
- a new display of results for the search on a list of objects.
- improvement of the name resolver when searching by name.
- the observations results table includes information about coordinated observations.
XSA version 9.0:
The XSA v9.0, released on 3 May 2016, includes among other improvements and bugs fixed, the following:
- New columns can be selected to be displayed in the different Results tabs.
- OM combined images are shown in the Details panel besides EPIC and RGS combined images, and can also be displayed in the Observations results panel.
- The new pipeline product EPIC 3 Colour Image is shown instead of the old EPIC combined image when available.
- More command line and URL options to access XSA data are provided (see: http://nxsa.esac.esa.int/nxsa-web/#aio).
- New XSA TAP (Table Access Protocol) implemented to be able to access the XSA database info (see: http://nxsa.esac.esa.int/nxsa-web/#tap).
- Links to XcatDB info are provided for 3XMM-DR5 sources.
Older XSA versions release notes can be found here