SAS Download - XMM-Newton
WHICH SAS SHOULD I TAKE?
The Tables below show the builds on Linux and MacOS Operating Systems released for SAS 18. All were made using the GNU C/C++/Fortran 7.1.0 set of compilers on 64-bit Intel CPUs regardless of the compiler versions provided natively with these Operating Systems. Perl based tasks were built using Perl 5.24.1. Python based tasks were built on Python 3.6.2 and require specific modules which are installed through the Minniconda 4.3.31 package manager, all within a specific Python SAS environment.
The SAS is distributed only in binary form. We do not provide yet any support on building SAS from source code.
Before downloading any of the released builds please consider the following tips to help you choose the most suitable for your system:
- On Linux, the build on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.8 can be used successfully on any other Linux distribution.
- For the latest Linux distributions as for example Ubuntu 19 and Fedora 29, we recommend to install the build made on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
- On MacOS, the build on Sierra (Mac OS X 10.12.X) can be used as well on El Capitan (MacOS 10.11.X), High Sierra (MacOS 10.13.X) and Mojave (MacOS 10.14.X).
- On MacOS, before installing SAS 18.0.0, please perform a standard OS update operation. This will align your OS version with the one we have used to build the SAS, usually the latest available from Apple. This kind of update is specially important for XQuartz, a software which is not part of MacOS and must be updated independently (please look at the requirements page for details).
- On any Mac running El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave, please disable the System Integrity Protection (SIP) before attempting to run the SAS. Find here detailed instructions on how to do it.
When running Perl tasks and to avoid run-time incompatibilities, we recommend to install Perl 5.24.1 that is the version used to build SAS 18.0.0. For more details on how to do this please look at the requirements page.
To download the build of your choice, please click on the link provided in the column File to download on the Tables below. Just before being addressed to our ftp server to get the selected file, you will be kindly requested to fill in a short survey that will help us to collect valuable statistics on current and future needs about the SAS.
Linux (Only 64-bit, x86_64)
|Build on||Kernel version||libc version||File to download|
MacOS (Only 64-bit, x86_64)
|Build on||Kernel version||libSystem version||File to download|
|10.12.6 or Sierra (Darwin 16.7.0)||Darwin 16.7.0||1238.60.2||sas_18.0.0-Darwin-16.7.0-64.tgz|
Virtual Machine for SAS 18.0.0(VM4SAS18)
|Host OS||File to download|
|Ubuntu 18.04LTS 64-bit||Will be available shortly|