SAS Download - XMM-Newton
The SAS is coded in C++, Fortran 95, Perl and Python. SAS 20.0 was built on GNU C/C++/Fortran 9.2.0 on 64-bit Intel CPUs, both Linux and macOS, regardless of the compiler version provided natively with the Operating System.
SAS Perl tasks were built on Perl 5.30.1 which required the installation of some additional modules not included in the Perl 5.30.1 source code (for more details look at the requirements page).
SAS Python tasks were built on Python 3.8.2 together with some additional Python packages (for a list of these packages and full details on the SAS Python environment, please look at the requirements page).
For the time being, the SAS is distributed only in binary form. We do not provide yet any support on building the SAS from source code.
The first column of the Table 1 shown in the next section of this page lists the SAS products distributed in this release: Three builds on different Linux flavours, two on macOS, the Linux VM for SAS and a Docker image. Before downloading any of the packages shown in that Table 1, please consider the following tips to help you choose the most suitable for you:
- The package built on CentOS 7.3, besides that OS it can be used as well on other Linux OS, including the latest versions of CentOS like CentOS 8, and other Linux OS as well like Red Hat 7 and 8, but not on Red Hat 6.X.
- The packages built on Ubuntu 18.04LTS and Ubuntu 20.04LTS, besides their OS they can be used as well on later versions of Ubuntu like the latest Ubuntu 21.10. The package can be used as well on recent releases of other Linux OS like Fedora 35, OpenSuSE Leap 15.3, etc.
- The packages built on macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina) and macOS 11.6 (BigSur), besides their OS they can be used as well on the previous macOS 10.14.X (Mojave). The package built on macOS 11.6 (BigSur) can be used on Macs based on both the Intel and the new Apple M1 processor.
- The Virtual Machine package VM4SAS20.0 might be the best choice if you do not have access to a Linux or a macOS system, e.g. you have a laptop running Windows. But even having such systems at hand, VM4SAS20.0 includes all what you need to work with SAS without having to install anything (for more details look at the VM installation page).
- The package docker4sas might be your best option to run any SAS specific task on any OS, the same way you do with any other application, without the complication of running the complete VM4SAS. Such granularity is the key advantage of running a SAS task in a Docker container over running it on a Virtual Machine. This is the first release of SAS including such a package. Full details on how the SAS Docker image was built, how to install and use it can be found in the Docker for SAS page.
- If you are a fan of Microsoft Windows and want to use SAS on it without having to install neither the VM4SAS20.0 nor the Docker for SAS products, now, thanks to the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2), you can do it. Full details on how to install WSL 2 on Windows and run SAS 20.0.0 on it can be found in the WSL 2 page.
To download the product of your choice, please click on the link provided in the column File to download on the Table 1. Just before being redirected to our ftp server to get the file selected, you will be kindly requested to fill in a short survey that will help us to collect valuable statistics on current and future needs about the SAS.
|Build/Product||Kernel version||libc version||File to download|
|macOS 10.15.7 or Catalina (Darwin 19.6.0)||Darwin 19.6.0||1252.250.1||sas_20.0.0-macOS-10.15.7.tgz|
|macOS 11.6 or BigSur (Darwin 20.6.0)||Darwin 20.6.0||1292.120.1||sas_20.0.0-macOS-11.6.tgz|
|VM4SAS20.0 (Linux Ubuntu 20.04LTS Virtual Machine)||5.11.0||2.31||VM4SAS20.0.7z|
|VM4SAS20.0-VB (Linux Ubuntu 20.04LTS Virtual Machine for Virtual Box)||5.11.0||2.31||VM4SAS20.0-VB.7z|
|docker4sas:sas_20_0 (SAS Docker Image based on Linux Ubuntu20.04LTS)||5.11.0||2.31||sas_20_0_docker.tar.gz|