SAS Download - XMM-Newton
WHICH SAS SHOULD I TAKE?
The Tables shown below list the different Operating System builds released for SAS 17.0.0. All these builds were made using version 7.1.0 of the GNU C/C++ and GNU Fortran compilers on 64-bit Intel CPUs regardless of the version of these compilers installed natively. Perl tasks were built using Perl 5.24.1.
This version of the SAS includes for the first time some Python 3 based tasks. Accordingly, all the builds which are released now include an installation of Python version 3.6.2 and the specific Python modules required to run those new SAS Python based tasks. We have chosen Miniconda version 4.3.31 to manage a specific SAS Python environment which includes all these Python modules.
The SAS is distributed only in binary form. We do not provide yet any support on building SAS from source code.
Before downloading any of the released builds please consider the following tips to help you choose the most suitable for your system:
- On Linux, the build on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.8 can be used successfully on any other Linux distribution.
- For the latest Linux distributions as for example Ubuntu 17.10 and Fedora 27, we recommend to install the build made on Ubuntu 16.04LTS. For the latest OpenSUSE Leap 42.3, still based on GLIBC 2.22, please use the build on RHEL6.8.
- On Mac OS X, the build on Sierra (Mac OS X 10.12.6 and later) can be used as well on El Capitan (Mac OS X 10.11.6 and later) and on High Sierra (Mac OS X 10.13.4 and later).
- For Mac OS X, before running SAS 17.0.0, please perform a standard Operating System software update operation. This will align your OS version with the one we have used to build the SAS, usually the latest available from Apple. This kind of update is specially important for XQuartz, a software which is not part of the Mac OS X software and must be updated independently (please look at the requirements page) for details).
- On any Mac running El Capitan, Sierra or High Sierra, please disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) before running SAS. Find here detailed instructions on how to do it.
When running Perl tasks and to avoid run-time incompatibilities, we recommend to install Perl 5.24.1 that is the version used to build SAS 17.0.0. For more details on how to do this please look at the requirements page.
To download the build of your choice, please click on the link provided in the column File to download on the Tables below. Just before being addressed to our ftp server to get the selected file, you will be kindly requested to fill in a short survey that will help us to collect valuable statistics on current and future needs about the SAS.
Linux 64-bit (x86_64)
|Build on||Kernel version||libc version||File to download|
Mac OS X 64-bit (x86_64)
|Build on||Kernel version||libSystem version||File to download|
|10.12.6 or Sierra (Darwin 16.7.0)||Darwin 16.7.0||1238.60.2||sas_17.0.0-Darwin-16.7.0-64.tgz|
Virtual Machine for SAS 17.0.0(VM4SAS17)
|Host OS||File to download|
|Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit||VM4SAS17.7z (~10 GByte)|