SciOps 2012 - Conferences Archive
Purpose and Goals
The European Space Astronomy Centre has the pleasure in announcing SCIOPS 2012, a conference dedicated to the science operations of space missions.
This conference will provide a forum for key professionals in space science operations to discuss commonalities, share experiences and exchange views on new techniques and innovations. It will give the opportunity for the worldwide space science operations community to work more closely together and expose opportunities for further collaboration.
The programme will cover all aspects of space based science operations including:
- Core Science Operations Tasks
- The Role of Science Data Centres and External Consortia
- Science Operations from Small Missions to Observatory Class Facilities
- Ensuring the Optimum Science Return
- The Transition from Development to Operations
- The Reuse of Existing Components
- Future Directions in Science Operations and Archiving
- Improving Mission Planning Efficiency
- The Management of Science Operations
The organising committee will include representatives from ESA and other Space Agencies and organisations. The programme will consist of invited and contributed talks as well as posters.
- 1 July 2011: First Announcement
- TBD: Second Announcement - Opening of Registration and Abstract Submission
- TBD: Abstract Submission Deadline
- TBD: Third Announcement
- TBD: Early Registration and Hotel Booking Deadline
- 17 September 2012: Start of Conference
- 20 September 2012: End of Conference
SCIOPS 2012 Organising Committee