Gaia Community Tools - Gaia
Gaia Community Tools
Within the astronomical community, many very useful tools are available for use with Gaia data. A non-exhaustive list is provided below. We do not guarantee the tools work or remain available. In case of problems with the tool or questions about the tool, please get in touch with the developer of the tool.
- albatross: a simulation-based inference (SBI) library designed to perform analysis on stellar streams in the Milky Way
- BINARYS: for combining the Hipparcos and Gaia absolute astrometric data with relative astrometry and/or radial velocity measurements to determine the orbits of binary systems.
- Cluster pluck: for analysing Gaia data of clusters.
- Comove: for finding comoving neighbours to a target star and returning information regarding youth.
- Completeness of the Gaia-verse: for various Gaia selection functions, scanning law, etc.
- FIRE: Simulated Gaia catalogs from cosmological simulations.
- Gaia alignment: for aligning Hubble images to Gaia astrometry.
- GaiaHub: for computing proper motions by combining Gaia and Hubble positions.
- Gaia_tools: for Gaia catalogue access, cross-matching, reading RVS or XP spectra, etc.
- Gaia unlimited: for the Gaia selection function.
- GaiaXPy-Batch: build on top of GaiaXPy, for handling large requests and different formats.
- Galpy: for galactic dynamics, including orbit integration in a variety of potentials, evaluating and sampling various distribution functions, computing action-angle coordinates, etc.
- HTOF: for parsing intermediate Gaia and Hipparcos astrometry and reproducing five-, seven-, and nine-parameter astrometric solutions.
- HubPUG: for recovering systemic proper motions of Hubble Space Telescope fields with two epochs of observations by utilising stars observed by Gaia as a foreground frame of reference.
- MADYS: for Manifold Age Determination for Young Stars with Gaia data.
- PyGaia: for basic Gaia data simulation, including error models, and data manipulation.
- Pyia: a Python package for working with Gaia data
- Snapdragons: for N-body model population synthesis and mock survey data generation.
- sstrax: a jax-accelerated modelling code for stellar streams in the Milky Way
- TESS-Gaia lightcurve pacakge: PSF-based TESS FFI light curves based on star positions and magnitudes from Gaia DR3 as priors
- Various codes (link) for Gaia analysis of the Orion star-formation region, kinematic modelling of clusters, and maps of the nearest Galactic spiral arms.
Are you aware of a tool which might be interesting to the Gaia Scientific Community, and this tool is missing from the above list? Please send information on the tool to the Gaia Heldpesk.
For the tools developed by the Gaia Data Processing and Analysis Consortium, find the links below:
- Tools (Gaia Observation Forecast Tool, Gaia Alerts, ...).
- Gaia DR3 software tools: Tools developed for working with the Gaia DR3 data such as astrophysical parameters, non-single stars, spectra, etc.