Data Release scenario
On this webpage, the target release scenario is presented, based on the current status of processing.
Photometric and new asteroid science alerts are already being issued.
In general, individual epoch observations and transits will be released only with the final catalogue. However, when variable star solutions, etc. are released, relevant subsets of epoch data may also be released. Additionally, where the release of epoch data is of immediate scientific interest, such release will be made on an individual source-by-source basis through the science alerts.
After production of the catalogue for release, a validation exercise will be executed. The final, detailed release contents will be decided on only after completion of the validation work.
|First release: 14 September 2016 || |
Gaia DR1 information
|Second release: 25 April 2018 || |
Gaia DR2 information
| || |
Potentially, the catalogue will be consisting of:
- Improved astrometry and photometry
- Object classification and astrophysical parameters, together with BP/RP spectra and/or RVS spectra they are based on, will be released for spectroscopically and (spectro-)photometrically well-behaved objects.
- Mean radial velocities will be released for those stars not showing variability and with available atmospheric-parameter estimates.
- Variable-star classifications will be released together with the epoch photometry used for the stars.
- Solar-system results will be released with preliminary orbital solutions and individual epoch observations.
- Non-single star catalogues will be released.
|Final release for the nominal mission: TBD || |
The catalogue will be consisting of:
- Full astrometric, photometric, and radial-velocity catalogues.
- All available variable-star and non-single-star solutions.
- Source classifications (probabilities) plus multiple astrophysical parameters (derived from BP/RP, RVS, and astrometry) for stars, unresolved binaries, galaxies, and quasars. Some parameters may not be available for faint(er) stars.
- An exo-planet list.
- All epoch and transit data for all sources.
|Pending approvals of mission extensions further release(s) can be anticipated |